Monday, August 4, 2008

Transformers, Sandals in Disguise


If you live somewhere like San Francisco, where the weather just can't seem to make up it's mind, have I got news for you! In addition to your cargo pants that turn into shorts with the pulling of a zipper, you can now sport converse-like sneakers that unzip to reveal sandals! No, it's not photoshopped. Click the Read More! link to find out more.

The novelty of the idea makes me want a pair. I love that it takes advatage of appendix-like design features of the ever-popular converse type shoes. The fact that the pair pictured in the Mail Online article, where I first heard about the shoes, are shiny doesn't hurt either. Ignoring the fact that transforming the sneakers to sandals will still require you to cart the upper part of the shoes around in a bag, the one qualm I have with the design is that the sandles are fricken fugly. I'd happily wear the sneakers around, but I'd suffer quite a lot before I'd have THOSE sandles grace my feet. So I decided to investigate the source of these shoes, Nat-2, hoping for some lovelier offerings for the ladies. Unfortunately, it seems the line is either aimed at males or designed to be unisex.

They seem to be a young company though. I shall keep up hope that one day something more like these or these will pop out of these.

For those who find the sandles more to their liking, it looks like they're available in stores throughout Europe and Asia, but not the US yet, though they promise an international site soon.

Still sporadic,

Ivy Frozen

1 comment:

Seeker said...

How funny, you're right the idea has potential but need more work.
xx