Friday, June 13, 2008

How to Successfully Alter Clothing pt5: A Tutorial!

modern romance sleep with me tonight

The fifth part of this series is a tutorial! This tutorial doesn't actually alter a garment, but a sheet. Nevertheless, it should illustrate some of the concepts I presented in the previous parts of this series. Insert all the usual stuff use agreements about not using my dress design to make yourself money, or taking credit for it, blah, blah. Agree? Click the read more link!
Unfortunately, my video is on Veoh! and Veoh recently stopped service to a bunch of countries, including: Lebanon, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, Indonesia, Chile, Argentina, St. Kitts and Nevis, Guatemala, Luxembourg, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Guam, Jamaica, Barbados, El Salvador, Hungary, Malta, Macedonia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Ukraine, Colombia, Cyprus, Romania, the Cayman Islands, Guadeloupe, Saudi Arabia, Peru, Panama, Czech Republic, Turkey, Croatia, Lithuania, Jordan, Egypt, Bulgaria, Serbia, Iceland, Bermuda, Thailand, Brunei, Honduras, Bahamas, and Nicaragua. (Information from My Soju, where I find my Asian drama series and movies.) Why, I do not know, but I will try to transcribe my video into a written tutorial for those of you effected by this. It will also be good for those of you who prefer written instructions to a video. Look out for How to Successfully Alter clothing pt5 pt2. For the rest of you, enjoy the tutorial.




The bubble dress in the tutorial has a fuller skirt than my other ones:

seashore the ring

The width of the skirt on these bubble dresses is four inches above my hip measurement. This dress is also the strap variation of the dress, so you can see the ruffles used as straps.

Working on that written tutorial, really!
Ivy Frozen

2 comments:

soph said...

yay! nice to see you're back...
I can't see the video but the dress looks fab, great use of a sheet!

Ivy Frozen said...

Thanks Soph! The video should be visible now as is my link back to your blog ;-)