Thursday, July 9, 2009

Loli-con

tropic of 70s 2

So it seems the lolitas are winning me over a bit. I mentioned the lolita's before, and how I felt their style was akin to mine while not being mine. But after making a more tuned down lolita dress for a friend of mine, I find myself wanting to add lolita details to my own dresses. While I'm inspired by the full on Japanese Lolita looks, I find myself wanting to try a sweet American Lolita look. American lolita, true to American sportswear, is simpler. More minimalistic, but still really cute. Many of the staples of lolita are things I already wear: bell shaped skirt, bloomers, sweet headwear. Why not try a whole lolita look? I haven't made the jump yet, but Lolita and the Victorian Era have definately been on my mind. Click the Read More! link to take a look at how that inspiration has translated and to see me slowly creeping closer. And check back tomorrow for a give away and diy tips for when you screw up.



The Loli's are COMING!

me made


In the night,

me made lolita dress

the loli's stalk...

Re Degli Elfi

N i g h t m a r e C r e a t u r e s

belle epoch

With black holes

little april showers

for Hearts.

my loli dress

Cutesy bows,

Black Rose

Glowing red eyes

fly dancer

Feasting on BUMS who sleep in the park

Franternal Twins

The Loli's are coming

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

so be Aware

Steel Magnolias

The loli's are coming

Swing 2

touch one

The Dwarves' Mine

if you dare

Levitation

The Loli's are coming

Stripes

you can't turn the tide

Mini

The Loli's are coming!

Scotty

There's nowhere to hide.

my first lolita dress

I made all the dresses I'm wearing as well as the above dress my blond friend is wearing. The pictures of her in that dress are hers from Fanime.
Lolita Lovin',
Ivy Frozen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The red dress with the Scottie dog print you're wearing is ridiculously cute. Did you come up with the design yourself or use a pattern?

courtney lee said...

love love love this outfit!